on the last Friday of every month. I want to spotlight the poetic culture Los Angeles has going on. I am in the middle of taking peoples name and info. Send me a message if your interested and want to get involved. Also, if you want to help me out, you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me via myspace under the same email address. Profile name: CLT
Come on guys and gals this is a cool way of letting your inner poet soar and be heard. BTW it is also a cool way to meet new people!
Here are some ideas I have for these nights:
1. Full on memorized dramatic oration
2. Slot of 8pm-11pm
3. 2 poems a piece (make them good ones)
4. We leave a large tin coffee can on the side and donate the nights money to a local charity
5. One member of the audience (unknown to you all) will award the most powerful poetic performance with a laurel crown, he/she then will choose the cahrity to donate the earnings to.
6. I want there to be anywhere from 8-12 poets a night.
7. I want to call it Bohemian Nights, but am open to suggestions, got any?
IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE, IDEAS, WANT TO GET INVOLVED, PLEASE CONTACT ME!
My Myspace Profile
Note: You are free to read my works.. just remember they are by no means professional or all poetical